Finlayson’s Cymbidium is a native species of Vietnamese and is one of the orchids favorite for many orchidists. In order to enrich the propagation material and orchid species, we conduct the research on the propagation of Finlayson’s Cymbidium by in vitro. The experiment was conducted appropriate medium probes for germination of protocorm of orchid seeds; shoot multiplication and complete plant formation medium. The experiment was completely randomized design with three replication for each medium test. The results showed that MS medium supplemented with 20g/ l saccharose, 6g/l agar, 1g/l activated charcoal, 10% coconut water and 1mg/l BA is the optimal medium for protocorm shooting. In the propagate shoot multiplication stage, MS medium supplemented with 1g/l activated charcoal, 20g/l saccharose, 6g/l agar and 2mg/l BA is the most suitable. For rooting and complete plant formation, the suitable medium was MS supplemented with 20g/l saccharose, 6g/l agar, 1g/l activated charcoal and 0.7mg/l NAA. Later than 6 weeks of culture, the number of roots/plant reached 2.6 roots, and the number of leaves/plant was 3.8 leaves, plant height was 5.34 cm.
- Murashige, T., Skoog F. (1962). A revised medium for rapid growth & bioassay with tobacco tissue cultures. Physiol. Plant, 15. p: 473-497.
- Nguyen Hoang Loc (2011). Plant cell and tissue. Hue University Publish house.
- Nguyen Văn Song (2011). In vitro propagation Dendrobium chrysotoxum – a forest orchid that is extinction. J. of science, Hue Univeristy, 64, p. 127-136.
- Nguyen Thien Tich, Đoan Thi Hoa, Tran Si Dung, Huynh Thi Ngoc Nhân (2003). Orchid technical cultivation, Agriculture Publish house.
- Nguyen Van Uyen (1993). Plan cell and tissue culture for plant breeding. Agriculture Publish house.
- Park, S.Y., Murthy, H. N., Paek, K.Y. (2002). Rapid propagation of Phalaenopsis from floral stalk – derived leaves, In Vitro Cell, Dev. Biol. Plant, 38. p: 168-172.
- Phi Thi Cam Mien (2012). Research on in vitro propagation of orchid Anoectochilus setaceus Blume to conserve precious medicinal resources. Master Thesis, Hanoi University of science.
- Tawaro Supavadee, Suraninpong Potjamarn and Chanprame Sontichai (2008). Germination and Regeneration of Cymbidium findlaysonianum Lindl.on a Medium Supplemented with Some Organic Sources. Walailak J Sci & Tech 5 (2): 125-135.
- Vo Thi Bach Mai (1996). Clonal propagation of some orchids (Phalaenopsis sp.). Ph.D. Desertation of Biological Science, Ho Chi Minh, p: 6-87.
- Vu Ngoc Lan and Nguyen Thi Ly Anh (2013). In vitro micropropagation of Wild Orchid Dendrobium nobile Lindl. J. Sci. & Devel., Vol. 11, No. 7, p. 917-925.