Groundnut is an important oilseed crop of Vietnam and of many countries around the world. This study aimed to select good quality groundnut accessions that have well-adapted to Hue climate conditions, high yield and good resistance to insects and diseases. Eleven introduced groundnut accessions were examined and compared with SVL1 (control). The experiment was conducted in a random complete block design (RCBD) with three replications from December 2016 to May 2017 in Huong Long Cooperative, Hue city. Results showed that all experimental groundnut accessions had a short growth period ranged from 88 to 94 days. Accessions LH03, LH15, LH19 and VD6 were found promising pod yields, in which, LH19 and VD6 not only produced higher pod yield than control but also exhibited high resistance to bacterial wilt and black mold diseases.
- Cuc Thong Ke Thua Thien Hue, Tong Cuc Thong Ke (2016), Tinh hinh kinh te xa hoi tinh Thua Thien Hue nam 2016, <http://www.thongkethuathienhue.gov.vn/ChiTietTin.aspx?id=88&&parentpage=TinTuc.aspx>
- Dakora, F. D. and Keya S. O. (1997), Contribution of legume nitrogen fixation to sustainable agriculture in sub-saharan Africa, Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 29(5-6), pp. 809–817.
- Hoang Kim Toan, Tran Thi Thu Giang, Nguyen Dinh Thi, Cao The Canh (2015); Danh gia kha nang sinh truong phat trien va chiu han cua tap doan going lac moi tai Thua Thien Hue, Chuyen san Nong Nghiep va PTNN, 100 (1).
- Nautiyal, P.C, R.C. Nageswara Rao and Y.C. Joshi, (2002). Moisture-deficit-induced changes in leaf-water content, leaf carbon exchange rate and biomass production in groundnut cultivars differing in specific leaf area. Field Crops Res., 74, pp. 67-79.
- Nigam, S.R., R.C.N. Rao and J.C. Wyne, (1998), Effects of temperature and photoperiod on vegetative and reproductive growth of groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.). J. Argon. Crop. Sci. 181, pp. 117-124.
- Nguyen Thi Lien Hoa, Tran Yen Thao, Phan Lieu and David Herridge (2002); N2 Fixation of groundnut in the Eastern Region of Shouth Vietnam, ACIAR Proceeding 109e, pp. 19-28.
- Phan Nhan Nhan (2013). Comparison of growth, development, yield and quality of 10 Groundnut accessment in Spring Summer 2013 in Trang Bang district, Tay Ninh province.
- Reddy, T.Y., V.R. Reddy and V. Anbumozhi, (2003), Physiological responses of groundnut (Arachis hypogea L.) to drought stress and its amelioration: A critical review. Plant Growth Regul., 41, pp. 75-88.
- Savage, G. P. and J. I. Keenan, (1994). The composition and nutritive value of groundnut kernels. In: Smart J (ed). The groundnut crop: Scientific basic for improvement. London: Chapman and Hall, pp: 173-213.
- Smart, J., (1994), The groundnut crop: A scientific basic for improvement. London. Chapman and Hall, pp: 734.
- Tavora, F. A. J. F., P. F. Silva, O. D. I. F. Melo, B. J. Pitombeire and C. V. F. Neto, (2002), Yield adaptability and stability of peanut genotypes estimated under different environments, Ciencia Agron mica. 33, pp. 10-14.