Abstract: The objective of this study is to evaluate the competitiveness of export wood products in Binh Dinh province through the DRC/ SER index. Four pieces of indoor furniture and four pieces of outdoor furniture were selected for the study. The DRC/ SER indices of the products are in the range of 0.76–0.84. Meanwhile, indoor furniture is more competitive in the international market.
Keywords: competitiveness, DRC, Binh Dinh province, wood products, export
- Akhtar, W., Muhammad, S., Waqar, M. and Khalid, M. A. (2004), Economic Incentives and Comparative Advantage in Rice-Wheat System in Punjab, Socio-Economic Research Studies 2002–03 (Federal) Pakistan Agricultural Research Council, 21–38.
- Vu Dinh Anh (2017), Fire proves the exchange rate in 2016, Journal of Banking, No. 1–2 / 2017, dated 12.05. 2017, ttps://www.sbv.gov.vn/webcenter/portal/vi/menu/rm/apph/tcnh/ (in Vietnamese).
- Bruno, M. (1972), Domestic Resource Costs and Effective Protection: Clarification and Synthesis, Journal of Political Economy, 80, 16–33.
- Balassa, B. & Schydlowky, D. M. (1968), Effective tariffs, Domestic cost of foreign exchange, and the equilibrium exchange rate, The Journal of Political Economy, 76 (3), 24.
- Bahral, U. (1965), The Real Rate of the Dollar in the Economy of Israel, Jerusalem: Ministry Commerce and Indus (in Hebrew).
- Balassa, B. (1965), Trade Liberalization and Revealed Comparative Advantage, Manchester School of Economic and Social Studies, 33, 99–123.
- Basevi, G. (1966), The U.S. Tariff Structure: Estinamte of Effective Rates of Protection of U.S. Inductries and Industrial Labour, Rev. Econ. And Statis, 49, 167–60.
- Corden, W. M. (1966), The Structure of a Tariff System and the Effective Protective Rate, Journal of Political Economy, 74 (3), 221–237.
- Nguyen Hong Gam (2013), Identification of key products and key product development in the Mekong Delta until 2020, PhD thesis of University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City. HCM (in Vietnamese).
- Bich Hong (2017), Vietnam's wood and furniture export leader in ASEAN, News, http://baotintuc.vn/kinh-te/kim-ngach-xuat-khau-go-va-do-go-viet-nam-dung-dau-khu-vuc-asean-20170203153049162.htm, dated 2/3/2017 (in Vietnamese).
- Viet Hien (2017), Binh Dinh Wood and Forest Products Processing Industries: Efforts to Recover Center, Binh Dinh Newspaper (in Vietnamese).
- http://www.baobinhdinh.com.vn/viewer.aspx?macm=5&macmp=5&mabb=73450,dated 28/4/2017.
- Phan Van Hoa (2009), Thua Thien Hue aquaculture in the context of trade liberalization, PhD thesis, Hue University (in Vietnamese).
- Nguyen Van Hoa, Mai Van Xuan (2012), Dak Lak coffee market competitiveness in the integration market, Hue University of Science, 72, (3) (in Vietnamese).
- Khan, N. P. (2001), Comparative Advantage of Wheat Production in Pakistan and its Policy implications, Pakistan Journal of Agricultural Economics 4 (2), 17–29 (in Vietnamese).
- Hong Nhung (2017), Only 7% of wood enterprises can reach US and European customers, Vietnam News Agency, http://vietnambiz.vn/nganh-go-viet-nam-chi-7-doanh-nghiep-lon-tiep-can-don-hang-lon-cua-my-eu-13119.html, Dated 20/1/2017 (in Vietnamese).
- Doan Thi Thu Trang, Hoang Tuan Minh, Jiancheng Chen(2016), Applying the DRC (Domestic Resource Cost) Index to Evaluate the Competitive Advantage of Dak Lak Coffee, Open Access Library Journal, June 2016, Vol. 3, DOI:10.4236/oalib.1102727, http://file.scirp.org/pdf/OALibJ_2016080315434295.pdf (in Vietnamese).
- Estudillo, J.P.,Fujumura,M. and Hossain, M. (2002), The ComparativeAdvantage of Rice Production in the Philippines, 1966–1991, The Journal of Development Studies, 35 (5), 386–387.
- Department of Industry and Trade of Binh Dinh Province, statistics of import and export of timber and wood products from 2012 to 2016 (in Vietnamese).
- Financial Times (2016), Inflation for the whole year 2016 increased 4.74%, dated 5/12/2016; http://thoibaotaichinhvietnam.vn/pages/kinh-doanh/2016-12-28/lam-phat-ca-nam-2016-tang-474-39332.aspx (in Vietnamese).
- Tsakok, I. (1990), Agricultural Price Policy: A Practitioner’s Guide to Partial Equilibrium Analysis. Cornell University Press: Ithaca NY, 34–42.
- Jonhson, H. G. (1965), The Theory of Tariff Struture with Special Reference to World Trade and Development, Trade and Development (Geneva: Institut Universitaire des Hautes Études Internationales), 9–29.
- Bahral, U. (1965), The Real Rate of the Dollar in the Economy of Israel. Jerusalem: Ministry Commerce and Indus, in Hebrew.
- Nguyen Dinh Long (2001); Study the main solutions to promote the advantages of raising competitiveness and developing agricultural export markets in the coming time: coffee, rice, rubber, tea, cashew; Scientific report of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (in Vietnamese).