The study focuses on the application of the optimal mathematical model to develop a rational agricultural land use structure, bringing economic, social, and environmental efficiency to Que Son district, Quang Nam province. The study applied method of focus group discussions and household interviews with 125 households directly engaged in agricultural production by using questionnaires in 5 communes of Que Son district, including communes of Que Phu, Que Xuan II, Que My, Que Thuan, and Que Phong. Besides, the optimal mathematical modeling method was applied to rebuild the agricultural land use structure in Que Son district by running the model with the following conditions: limiting the cultivated area, ensuring food security, a guarantee of labor in the agriculture sector. Analysis results of the model showed that Que Son district needs to reduce 29.1 hectares for peanuts, 8.8 hectares for vegetable cultivation, while increase 387.6 hectares for maize, 190.1 hectares for sweet potato, and 190.1 hectares for sesame cultivation. The application of the optimized model results in the arrangement of agricultural production land in the district will bring positive economic, social, and environmental effects to Que Son district.
- Cochran, W. G (1977), Sampling Techniques, Wiley Eastern Limited, Third Edition, New Delhi.
- L. T. Dung and N. P. V. Hai and N. T. K Hiep (2018), Sustainable agriculture development: econimic and environment aspect in Viet Nam, Labour – Social Publishing House, Ha Noi.
- Nguyen Xuan Dai (2008), The study proposed to convert cropping systems to improve the efficiency of arable land in Ky Son district - Nghe An province, Hanoi Agricultural University.
- L. C. Dinh (2011), Integrating GIS and fuzzy multi-objective optimization techniques to support agricultural land use planning, Polytechnic University Ho Chi Minh.
- L. T. Giang, D. T. Thuy (2009), sing the optimal mathematical model in determining the appropriate structure of agricultural land use in Giao Liem commune - Son Dong district - Bac Giang province, Hanoi Agricultural University.
- Hassan Ibrahim Mohamed, Mohammed Abdel Mahmoud and el. (2016), Development of Mathematical Model for Optimal Planning Area Allocation of Multi Crop Farm, Journal of Science and Engineering Investigation, 5(59).
- Hassan I., M.A. Raza, I.A. Khan and R. Ilahi (2005), Use of Linear Programming Model to Determine the Optimum Cropping Pattern, Production and Income Level: A Case Study from Dera Ghazi Khan Division, Journal Of Agriculture & Social Sciences, 1(1), 32–34.
- Hossein Jafari and al. (2008), An optimal model using goal programming for rice farm, Applied Mathematical Sciences, 2(23), 1131–1136.
- Mariya Levina (2013), The optimization of the structure of production and distribution of agricultural goods by suburban enterprises of Odessa, Problems and Perspectives in Management, 11(3).
- Razali, Zulkifli Nasution, Rahmawaty (2014), Optimization Model On The Use Of Agriculture Land In The Catchment Area Of Lake Toba, Journal of Scientific and Technology research, 3(11).
- Que Son District People's Committee (2020), Que Son District Socio-Economic Development Report 2019, Quang Nam.
- B. P. Trung (2010), Optimization textbook, Publisher Statistics, Ho Chi Minh.
- Walangitan, H.D., B. Setiawan, B.T. Raharjo and B. Polii (2012), Optimization of Land Use and Allocation to Ensure Sustainable Agriculture in the Catchment Area of Lake Tondano, Minahasa, North Sulawesi, Indonesia, International Journal of Civil & Environmental Engineering IJCEE-IJENS, 12(3), 68–75.
- Zhang Y., Zhang H., Ni D. and Song W. (2012), Agricultural Land Use Optimal Allocation System in Developing Area: Application to Yili Watershed, Xinjiang Region, Chin. Geogra. Sci, 22(2), 232–244.