The density functional theory at the B3P86/6-311+G(d) level was used to study the geometric structures, stability, and chemical bonding of doped silicon clusters Si2M (M = Li, Na, K, Cu, and Cr). The results reveal that the most stable isomers of Si2M have isosceles triangle structure with the C2v symmetry, existing in two quasi-degenerate electronic states of A1 and B1 at the same spin multiplicity (doublet or quintet). The Si–M bonds are mainly formed via the electron transfer from the AO-s of M atoms to the Si2 moiety in the case of M being Li, Na, and K, while via the overlap between AO-s and AO-3d of Cu, Cr atoms and the MO-s of the Si2 moiety. The Si2Cr cluster is the most stable in the considered clusters.
- Foster PJ, Leckenby RE, Robbins EJ. The ionization potentials of clustered alkali metal atoms. J Phys B. 1969;2(4):478-483.
- King RB, Silaghi-Dumittrescu I, Lupan A. Density functional theory sty of eight-atom germanium clusters: effect of electron count on cluster geometry. Dalton Trans. 2005;10(5): 1858-1864.
- Kawamura H, Kumar V, Kawazoe Y. Growth, magic behavior, and electronic and vibrational properties of Cr-doper Si cluster. Phys Rev B. 2004;70(24):245433-245443.
- Tâm NM, Tài TB, Ngân VT, Tho NM. Structure, thermochemical properties and growth sequence of aluminum doped silicon clusters SinAlm (n = 1-11, m = 1-2) and their anions. J Phys Chem A. 2013;117(31):6867-6882.
- Lan LNN, Tú PĐC, Trung NT, Ngân VT. A comparative study on structure, stability and electronic properties of doped Silicon clusters SinX (X = Sc, Ti; n = 1,10) using quantum chemical method. Tạp chí khoa học và công nghệ. 2015;53(1A):180-191.
- Ma L, Zhao J, Wang J, Wang B, Lu Q, Wang G. Growth behavior and magnetic properties of SinFe (n = 2–14) clusters. Physical Review B. 2006;73 (12):125439.
- Li Y, Tâm NM, Claes P, Woodham AP, Lyon JT, Ngân VT, et al. Structure assignment, electronic properties, and magnetism quenching of endohedrally doped neutral silicon cluste, SinCo (n = 10-12). J Phys Chem A. 2014;118(37):8198-8203.
- Li J, Yao C, Mu Y, Han J. Structure and magnetic properties of SinNi (n = 1-17) clusters. J Mol Struct. 2009;916(1-3):139-146.
- Tâm NM, Ngân VT, Haeck J, Bhattacharyya S, Thuy HL, Janssens E, et al. Singly and doubly Lithium doped Silicon clusters: Geometrical and electronic structure and ionization energies. J Chem Phys. 2012;136(2):024301-024311.
- Tâm NM, Tho NM. Heats of formating and thermochemical parameters of small silicon cluster and their ions Sin+/0/- with n = 2-13. J Chem Phys. 2013;584(3):147-154.
- Li X, Su K. Structure, stability and electronic property of the gold-doped germanium cluster: AuGen (n = 2-13). Theory Chem Acc. 2009;124(5-6):345-354.
- Ziegler T, Li J. Bond energies for cationic bare metal hydrides of the first transition series: A challenge to density functional theory. Can J Chem. 1994;72(3):783-789.
- Hang TD, Hung HM, Tho NM. Comparative study of methanol activation by different small mixed silicon clusters Si2M with M = H, Li, Na, Cu and Ag. ACS Omega. 2017;2(8):4563-4574.
- Verma RD and Warsop PA. The absorption spectrum of the Si2M molecule. Can J Phys. 1963;41(1):152-160.
- Minh ND, Cuong CH, Trung NT, Ngan VT. Insight into chemical bonding of the transition metal-doped cluster Ge2M (M = Sc-Zn) series using NBO and NRT theory. Theor Chem Acc. 2018;137(10):131-142.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Copyright (c) 2020 Array