Perovskite ABO3 is a kind of the material possessing various interesting electric and magnetic properties, and these properties can be changed dramatically by doping with rare-earth metals. In this paper, nanocrystalline La1–xYxFeO3 and La1-xNdxFeO3 (0 ≤ x ≤ 0.3) were prepared by using the high-energy milling method. The X-ray diffraction (XRD) analysis reveals that the doped samples are single-phased with orthorhombic structure. The average size of particles, calculated according to the Scherrer equation, is about 16 nm. The doping of Y and Nd into the A position of ABO3 affects the structure and magnetic properties of the material. The magnetic properties of La1–xAxFeO3 exhibit clearly in the hysteresis loop M(H), measured at room temperature. The samples show weak ferromagnetic properties, close to the superparamagnetic state at room temperature.
- Thuy NT, Minh DL. Size Effect on the Structural and Magnetic Properties of Nanosized Perovskite LaFeO3 Prepared by Different Methods. Advances in Materials Science and Engineering. 2012;2012:1-6.
- Du NV, Minh DL, Dinh NN, Thuy NT, Manh ND. The structure and magnetic property of nano-perovskite LaFeO3 prepared by Citrate-gel, Co-precipitation and High energy milling methods. VNU Journal of Science, Mathematics – Physics. 2008;24(1S):109-112.
- Vavindran P, Vidya R, Fjellvag H, Kjekshus A. Electronic Structure and Excited-state Properties of perovskite-likeoxides LaFeO3, LaCrO3. Journal Crystal Growth. 2004;268:554-559.
- Osama MH, Mohsen MB, Dalal MH. Structural, Electrical and Spectral Studies on Double Rare-Earth Orthoferrites La1-xNdxFeO3. Turk J Phys .2003;27: 537-549.
- Yi-Cheng LY. Synthesis and microstructure of (LaSr)MnO3and (LaSr)FeO3. Ceramics International. 2006; 212-217.
- Singh DJ, Mazin II. Magnetism, Spin Fluctuations and Superconductivity in Perovskite Ruthenates. Lecture Notes in Physics. 2002; 603:256-270.
- Minh DL, Thanh PQ, Hai HV, Hong DM, Cong BT. The magnetic property of the perovskite compound Ca1-xFexMnO3. VNU Journal of Science, Mathematics – Physics. 2006;T.XXII:145-250.
- Jahn H, Teller E. Stability of Polyatomic Molecules in Degenerate Electronic States. I. Orbital Degeneracy. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Series A - Mathematical and Physical Sciences. 1934;161(905):220-235.
- Thuy NT. Thermoelectric properties of LaFeO3 system doped Ti, Co, Cu. Hue University Journal of Science: Natural Science. 2017;126(1B):129-135.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Copyright (c) 2020 Array