This paper presents the change in the volt-farad characteristics of the Al/SiO2/n-Si structure irradiated with helium ions with the energy of 5 MeV in the frequencies of 1, 10, 100, and 1000 kHz. The voltage dependence of the capacitance and the frequency dependence of the dissolution angle are measured on an LCR Agilent E4980A and Agilent 4285A meter. The hodograph of the irradiated structure shows that there is a formation of a quasi-continuous radiation-disturbed layer at a fluence of 1012 cm–2 with U < –7 V and 1013 cm–2 with U < –20 V, which enhances the speed of charged particles, thereby increasing the reverse current in the irradiated structure.
- Hsu C, Shih W, Lin Y, Hsu H, Hsu H, Huang Y, et al. Improved linearity and reliability in GaN metal–oxide–semiconductor high-electron-mobility transistors using nanolaminate La 2O3/SiO2 gate dielectric. Japanese Journal of Applied Physics. 2016;55(4S):04EG04.
- Bentarzi H. Transport in Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor Structures. Berlin (DE): Springer-Verlag Berlin; 2011.
- Brown WL. n-Type Surface Conductivity on p-Type Germanium. Physical Review 1953;91(3):518-527.
- Garrett C, Brattain WH. Physical Theory of Semiconductor Surfaces. Physical Review B. 1955;99:376-87.
- Mogeb K, Fraser D, Fichtner W. SBIS technology. In 2 books. Book 2. Moscow: Edition of literature on new technology; 1986. (in Russian)
- Kozlovski V, Abrosimova V. Radiation Defect Engineering. International Journal of High Speed Electronics and Systems. 2005;15(01):1-253.
- Shimura F. Semiconductor silicon crystal technology. California (US): Academic Press; 2012. 434 p.
- Shimura F. Single-Crystal Silicon: Growth and Properties. Surveys in High Energy Physics. 2007:7-13.
- Poklonski NA, Gorbachuk N. I. Fundamentals of impedance spectroscopy of composites: lecture course. Minsk: BSU; 2005. (in Russian)
- Grafov BM, Ukshe EA. Electrochemical circuits alternating current. Moscow: Science; 1973. (in Russian)
- Sze SM. Semiconductor Devices: Physics and Technology. 2nd Ed. New York: Wiley; 2008.
- Nicollian EH, Goetzberger A. The Si-SiO2 interface-electrical properties as Determined by the metal-Insulator-Silicon Conductance Technique. The Bell System Technical. 1967;46(6):1055-1133.
- DomInguez-Pumar M, Bheesayagari CR, Gorreta S, Lopez-Rodriguez G, Martin I, Blokhina E, et al. Charge trapping control in MOS capacitors. IEEE transactions on industrial electronics. 2016;64(4): 3023-3029.
- Barsoukov E, Macdonald JR. Impedance spectroscopy: theory experiment and applications. 2nd ed. New Jersey: Wiley-Interscience; 2005. 608 p.
- Poklonski NA, Gorbachuk NI, Shpakovski SV, Lastovskyi CB, Wieck A. Influence of radiation defects on the electrical losses in the silicon diodes, irradiated by electrons. Semiconductor Physics and Technology. 2010;397-401. (in Russian)
- Erdal MO, Kocyigit A, Yildirim M. The rate of Cu doped TiO2 interlayer effects on the electrical characteristics of Al/Cu:TiO2/n-Si (MOS) capacitors depend on frequency and voltage. Microelectronics Reliability. 2020;106:113591.
- Park D, Kim M, Beom K, Cho SY, Kang CJ, Yoon TS. Reversible capacitance changes in the MOS capacitor with an ITO/CeO2/p-Si structure. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2019;786:655-61.
- Poklonski NA, Gorbachuk NI, Nha VQ, Krasitskaya YuA, Shpakovski SV, filipenia VA, et al. Impedance of silicon diodes irradiated with helium ions with energies of 4–9 MeV. Actual problems of solid state physics (FTT-2013): Proceedings of the international scientific conference. Minsk: Kovcheg; 2013. p. 285-287.
- Poklonski NA, Gorbachuk NI, Shpakovski SV, Filipenia VA, Nha VQ, Krasitskaya Yu. A, et al., editors. The formation of a continuous radiation-disturbed layer in silicon diodes irradiated with bismuth ions with an energy of 700 MeV. Materials and structures of modern electronics: collection of scientific papers of the V international scientific conference. Minsk: BSU; 2012.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Copyright (c) 2020 Array