Silver nanoparticles were synthesized from silver sulfate by using the chemical reduction method with dextran as both a reducing agent and a protective agent. The influence of reaction temperature, time, and initial pH on the synthesis was investigated. The formation of Ag nano-particles (AgNPs) and their morphology were characterized with UV-Vis spectroscopy, X-ray diffraction, scanning electron microscopy, energy dispersive X-ray analysis, and Fourier transform-infrared spectroscopy. The antifungal and antibacterial effects of AgNPs/dextran on Xanthomonas oryzae and Pyricularia oryzae were tested.
- Yokoyama S, Takahashi H, Itoh T, Motomiya K, Tohji K. Synthesis of metallic Cu nanoparticles by controlling Cu complexes in aqueous solution. Advanced Powder Technology. 2014;25(3):999-1006
- Shenashen MA, El-Safty SA, Elshehy EA. Synthesis, morphological control, and properties of silver nanoparticles in potential applications. Particle & Particle Systems Characterization. 2013;31(3):293-316.
- Ajitha B, Kumar Reddy YA, Reddy PS, Jeon H, Ahn CW. Role of capping agents in controlling silver nanoparticles size, antibacterial activity and potential application as optical hydrogen peroxide sensor. RSC Advances. 2016;6(42):36171-36179.
- Quaroni L, Chumanov G. Preparation of polymer-coated functionalized silver nanoparticles. 1999;121(45):10642-10643.
- Bankura KP, Maity D, Mollick MMR, Mondal D, Bhowmick B, Bain MK, et al. Synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial activity of dextran stabilized silver nanoparticles in aqueous medium. Carbohydrate Polymers. 2012;89(4):1159-1165
- Bankura K, Maity D, Mollick MMR, Mondal D, Bhowmick B, Roy I, et al. Antibacterial activity of Ag–Au alloy NPs and chemical sensor property of Au NPs synthesized by dextran. Carbohydrate Polymers. 2014;107:151-157
- Dar MS, Ganaie SA, Raja W, Teeli RA. In-vivo investigation on antifungal properties of leaf extracts of certain medicinal plants through seed treatment and foliar sprays against rice blast disease (Magnaporthe grisea) in Kashmir, India. Annals of Agrarian Science. 2018;16(3):267-271.
- Ke Y, Wu M, Zhang Q, Li X, Xiao J, Wang S. Hd3a and OsFD1 negatively regulate rice resistance to Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzae and Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzicola. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 2019;513(4):775-780.
- Vincent JM. Distortion of fungal hyphae in the presence of certain inhibitors. Nature. 1947;159 (4051):850.
- Traiwatcharanon P, Timsorn K, Wongchoosuk C. Effect of pH on the green synthesis of silver nanoparticles through reduction with pistiastratiotes l. extract. Advanced Materials Research. 2015;1131:223-226.
- Davidović S, Lazić V, Vukoje I, Papan J, Anhrenkiel SP, Dimitrijević S, et al. Dextran coated silver nanoparticles—chemical sensor for selective cysteine detection. Colloids Surfaces B Biointerfaces. 2017;160:184-91.
- Ahmed RZ, Siddiqui K, Arman M, Ahmed N. Characterization of high molecular weight dextran produced by Weissella cibaria CMGDEX3. Carbohydrate Polymers. 2012;90(1):441-446.
- Purama RK, Goswami P, Khan AT, Goyal A. Structural analysis and properties of dextran produced by Leuconostoc mesenteroides NRRL B-640. Carbohydrate Polymers. 2009;76(1):30-35.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Copyright (c) 2020 Array