Children participation in socio-economic planning generally and public construction and service investment has been considered as a measure to improve the effectivness of those programs and children rights improvement. The study is to identify the status quo of children participation in public construction and service investment, which then can provide the measures to improve the practice of this child right. The study applied a mixed method approach by various tools for data collection such as key informant interview, group discussion, and survey. The result indicated that although the local officals have acquired the certain knowledge and recognization on child engagement in public construction and service investment, the practice of this child right in such activities is limited due to the lack of information, knowledge, and relevant skills in child participation. The study also provides recommendation and measures to improve children participation in public construction and service investment.
- Lansdown, G., Promoting children's participation in democratic decision-making. 2001.
- Lundy, L., ‘Voice’is not enough: conceptualising Article 12 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child. British educational research journal, 2007. 33(6): p. 927-942.
- Percy-Smith, B. and N. Thomas, A handbook of children and young people's participation: Perspectives from theory and practice. 2009: Routledge.
- Mai, T.T.A., Sự tham gia của trẻ em trong các hoạt động truyền thông về quyền trẻ em. 2013, Học viện Báo chí và Tuyên truyền.
- Phương, Đ.T., Vai trò của các tổ chức xã hội tham gia giám sát thực hiện quyền trẻ em - một vài kiến nghị.
- Rolnick, A. and R. Grunewald, Early childhood development: Economic development with a high public return. The Region, 2003. 17(4): p. 6-12.
- Haveman, R. and B. Wolfe, Succeeding generations: On the effects of investments in children. 1994: Russell Sage Foundation.
- De Winter, M., C. Baerveldt, and J. Kooistra, Enabling children: participation as a new perspective on child‐health promotion. Child: care, health and development, 1999. 25(1): p. 15-23.
- Stoecklin, D., Theories of action in the field of child participation: In search of explicit frameworks. Childhood, 2013. 20(4): p. 443-457.
- Jans, M., Children as citizens: Towards a contemporary notion of child participation. Childhood, 2004. 11(1): p. 27-44.
- Hart, R.A., Children's participation: The theory and practice of involving young citizens in community development and environmental care. 2013: Routledge.
- Thomas, N., Towards a Theory of Children’s Participation, in Children’s Rights: Progress and Perspectives. 2011, Brill Nijhoff. p. 48-71.
- Vis, S.A., et al., Participation and health–a research review of child participation in planning and decision‐making. Child & Family Social Work, 2011. 16(3): p. 325-335.
- Franklin, A. and P. Sloper, Participation of disabled children and young people in decision making within social services departments: A survey of current and recent activities in England. British Journal of Social Work, 2006. 36(5): p. 723-741.
- Rutherford, M., et al., Participation of children with disabilities in school: A realist systematic review of psychosocial and environmental factors. 2019.
- Cashmore, J., Promoting the participation of children and young people in care. Child abuse & neglect, 2002. 26(8): p. 837-847.
- Shier, H., Pathways to participation: Openings, opportunities and obligations. Children & society, 2001. 15(2): p. 107-117.
- Freiberg, K., R. Homel, and S. Branch, Circles of Care: The Struggle to Strengthen Child Developmental Systems though the Pathways to Prevention Project. Family Matters, 2010(84): p. 28.
- Alderson, P. and J. Montgomery, Health care choices: making decisions with children. Vol. 2. 1996: Institute for Public Policy Research.
- Kirby, P., et al., Building a Culture of Participation: Involving Children and Young People in Policy. Service Planning, Delivery and Evaluation, Department for Education and Skills Publications, Nottingham, 2003.
- Lược, T.V.Đ., Đổi mới cơ chế phân cấp quản lý đầu tư công trong quá trình tái cấu trúc đầu tư công. 2012.
- Lê, P.Q., Dịch vụ công và xã hội hoá dịch vụ công- Một số vấn đề lý luận và thực tiễn, ed. C.v. Thành. 2004, Hà Nội: Nhà XB Chính trị quốc gia.
- Lindlof, T.R. and B.C. Taylor, Qualitative communication research methods. 2017: Sage publications.