In the present paper, the Cu2O/TiO2/rGO photocatalytic material was synthesized using the hydrothermal method. The obtained samples were characterized using X-ray diffraction (XRD), Fourier- transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR), Energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDX), transmission electron microscope (TEM), UV−Vis diffuse reflectance spectroscopy (UV–Vis–DRS) and nitrogen adsorption/desorption measurements. The results show that graphene oxide (GO) with oxygen-containing groups was successfully synthesized from graphite. The nanosized TiO2 in the anatase phase and nanosized Cu2O were dispersed evenly over the reduced graphene oxide (rGO) sheets. The specific surface area of the material decreases as nano-oxide particles are incorporated into the rGO and the band-gap energy of Cu2O/TiO2/rGO sample decreases compared with that of TiO2. The Cu2O/TiO2/rGO nanocomposite exhibits high photocatalytic activity in rhodamine B degradation reaction under visible light.
- Lai C, Wang M, Zeng G, Liu Y, Huang D, Zhang C, Wang R, Xu P, Cheng M, Huang C, Wu H, Qin L. Synthesis of surface molecular imprinted TiO2/ graphene photocatalyst and its highly efficient photocatalytic degradation of target pollutant under visible light irradiation. Applied Surface Science. 2016;390:368-376.
- Li L, Zhang M. Preparation, Characterization, and Photocatalytic Property of Cu2O-TiO2 Nanocomposites. International Journal of Photoenergy. 2012;2012:1-4.
- Sun M, Fang Y, Wang Y, Sun S, He J, Yan Z. Synthesis of Cu2O/graphene/rutile TiO2 nanorod ternary composites with enhanced photocatalytic activity. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2015; 650:520-527.
- Pham T, Nguyen-Huy C, Lee H, Nguyen-Phan T, Son TH, Kim C, Shin EW. Cu-doped TiO2/reduced graphene oxide thin-film photocatalysts: Effect of Cu content upon methylene blue removal in water. Ceramics International. 2015;41(9):11184-11193.
- Hummers WS, Offeman RE. Preparation of Graphitic Oxide. Journal of the American Chemical Society. 1958;80(6):1339-1339.
- Guerrero-Contreras J, Caballero-Briones F. Graphene oxide powders with different oxidation degree, prepared by synthesis variations of the Hummers method. Materials Chemistry and Physics. 2015;153:209-220.
- Almeida BM, Melo Jr MA, Bettini J, Benedetti JE, Nogueira AF. A novel nanocomposite based on TiO2/Cu2O/reduced graphene oxide with enhanced solar-light-driven photocatalytic activity. Applied Surface Science. 2015;324:419-431.
- Ai L, Zhang C, Chen Z. Removal of methylene blue from aqueous solution by a solvothermal-synthesized graphene/magnetite composite. Journal of Hazardous Materials. 2011;192(3):1515-1524.
- Yadav HM, Kim J. Solvothermal synthesis of anatase TiO2-graphene oxide nanocomposites and their photocatalytic performance. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2016;688:123-129.
- Wang A, Li X, Zhao Y, Wu W, Chen J, Meng H. Preparation and characterizations of Cu2O/reduced graphene oxide nanocomposites with high photo-catalytic performances. Powder Technology. 2014; 261:42-48.
- Phú NH. Giáo trình hấp phụ và xúc tác trên bề mặt vật liệu vô cơ mao quản. Hà Nội: Nhà xuất bản Khoa học và Kỹ thuật; 1998.
- Dong K, He J, Liu J, Li F, Yu L, Zhang Y, Zhou X, Ma H. Photocatalytic performance of Cu2O-loaded TiO2/rGO nanoheterojunctions obtained by UV reduction. Journal of Materials Science. 2017;52 (11):6754-6766.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Copyright (c) 2020 Array