This study aims to investigate the impacts of factors affecting pro-environmental behavior amongst hotel employees in Hue city. A survey of 368 hotel employees in Hue city was conducted and and Exploratory Factor Analysis (EFA), Confirmatory Factor Analysis (CFA) and Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) were utilized. The results found that local environmental protection policies and green organizational culture influence hotel employees’ environmental commitment and environmental passion, thereby affecting hotel employees’ pro-environmental behavior at work. Based on the results, some policies and managerial implications have been provided.
- IPCC (2014), The Fifth Assessment Report, Geneva: Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
- Nicole Darnall; Irene Henriques; Perry Sadorsky (2008), Do environmental management systems improve business performance in an international setting?, Journal of International Management, 14(4), 364–376.
- Daily, B. F.; Bishop, J. W.; Govindarajulu, N. (2009), A Conceptual Model for Organizational Citizenship Behavior Directed Toward the Environment, Business & Society, 48(2), 243–256.
- Boiral, O.; Talbot, D.; Paillé, P. Leading by example (2015), A model of organizational citizenship behavior for the environment, Business Strategy Environment, 24(6), 532–550.
- Tổng cục thống kê (2021), Nhìn lại tác động của dịch Covid-19 đối với du lịch Việt Nam và xu hướng phát triển năm 2021. http://consosukien.vn/nhin-lai-tac-dong-cua-dich-covid-19-doi-voi-du-lich-viet-nam-va-xu-huong-phat-trien-nam-2021.htm.
- Sở du lịch Thừa Thiên Huế (2021), Nâng chuẩn chất lượng dịch vụ lưu trú, https://sdl.thuathienhue.gov.vn/?gd=7&cn=85&tc=85699.
- Hoàng Trọng Hùng, Huỳnh Thị Thu Quyên, Huỳnh Thị Nhi (2018), Các yếu tố ảnh hưởng đến hành vi tiêu dùng xanh của người tiêu dùng tại thành phố Huế, Tạp chí khoa học Đại học Huế: Kinh tế và Phát triển, 127(5A), 199–212.
- Organ, D. W. (1988), Organizational citizenship behavior: The good soldier syndrome, Lexington Books/D. C. Heath and Com, 14(2), 294–297.
- Zientara, Piotr; Zamojska, Anna (2016), Green organizational climates and employee pro-environmental behaviour in the hotel industry, Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 1–18.
- Orlitzky, M., Swanson, D.L. (2006), Socially responsible human resource management, In: Deckop, J.R. (Ed.), Human Resource Management Ethics, Information Age, Charlotte, 27, 3–25.
- Kollmuss, A. and Agyeman, J. (2002), Mind the gap why do people act environmentally and what are the barriers to pro-environmental behaviour?, Environmental Education Research, 8(3), 239–260.
- Robertson, J.L.; Barling, J. (2013), Greening organizations through leaders’ influence on employees’ pro-environmental behaviors, Journal of Organizational Behavior, 34, 176–194.
- Hồ Thị Thuý Nga, Lê Ngọc Hậu (2021), Ảnh hưởng của quản trị nguồn nhân lực xanh đến động lực và hành vi xanh của nhân viên: nghiên cứu trường hợp các khách sạn tại Đà Nẵng, Tạp chí khoa học Đại học Huế: Kinh tế và Phát triển, 130(5C).
- Jing Yi Yong, M.-Y. Yusliza, Olawole Olanre Fawehinmi (2019), Green human resource management: A systematic literature review from 2007 to 2019, Benchmarking: An International Journal, 2005–2027.
- Zhang, J.; Huang, R. (2019), Employees' pro-environmental behaviours (PEBs) at international hotel chains (IHCs) in China, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, 39, 129–136.
- AlSuwaidi, M.; Eid, R.; Agag, G. (2021), Understanding the link between CSR and employee green behaviour, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, 46, 50–61.
- Tummers, L. (2019), Public Policy and Behavior Change, Public Administration, 79, 925–930.
- Hatch, M. J. (1993), The dynamics of organizational culture, Academy of Management, 18(4), 657–693.
- Harris, L.C. & Crane, A. (2002), The greening of organizational culture, Journal of Organizational Change Management, 15(3), 214–234.
- Paillé, P., & Mejía-Morelos, J. H. (2014), Antecedents of pro-environmental behaviours at work, Journal of Environmental Psychology, 38, 124–131.
- Chan, Eric S.W.; Okumus, Fevzi; Chan, Wilco (2020), What hinders hotels’ adoption of environmental technologies: A quantitative study, International Journal of Hospitality Management, 102, 324.
- Pham, N. T., Phan, Q. P. T., Tučková, Z., Vo, N., & Nguyen, L. H. L. (2018), Enhancing the organizational citizenship behavior for the environment: the roles of green training and organizational culture, Management & Marketing: Challenges for the Knowledge Society, 13(4), 1174–1189.
- Paul C. Stern (2000), New Environmental Theories: Toward a Coherent Theory of Environmentally Significant Behavior, 56(4), 407–424.
- Vallerand, R. J., Blanchard, C., Mageau, G. A., Koestner, R., Ratelle, C., Léonard, M., Gagné, M., & Marsolais, J. (2003), Les passions de l'âme: On obsessive and harmonious passion. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 85(4), 756–767.
- Perez, O., Amichai-Hamburger, Y., & Shterental, T. (2009), The dynamic of corporate self-regulation: ISO 14001, environmental commitment, and organizational citizenship behavior. Law and Society Review, 43(3), 593–630.
- Raineri, N. & Paillé, P. (2016), Linking Corporate Policy and Supervisory Support with Environmental Citizenship Behaviors: The Role of Employee Environmental Beliefs and Commitment, Journal of Business Ethics, 137(1), 129–148.
- Cantor, D. E., Morrow, P. C. and Montabon, F. (2012), Engagement in environmental behaviors among supply chain management employees, Journal of Supply Chain Management, 48(3), 33–51.
- Li, G.; Shang, Y.; Liu, H.; Xi, Y. (2014), Differentiated transformational leadership and knowledge: A cross-level investigation, European Management Journal, 32, 554–563.
- Hair, J.F, Anderson. R.E Tatham, K.L., & Black, W.C. (1998), Multivariate data analysis (5th ed.), New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
- Lange, F. & Dewitte, S. (2019), Measuring pro-environmental behavior: Review and recommendations, Journal of Environmental Psychology, 307, 709.
- Peng, X.; Lee, S.; Lu, Z. (2020), Employees' perceived job performance, organizational identification, and pro-environmental behaviors in the hotel industry, International Journal of Hospitality Management, 90, 102632.
- Graves, L.M. & Sarkis, J. (2018), The role of employees' leadership perceptions, values, and motivation in employees' pro-environmental behaviors, Journal of Cleaner Production, 316, 627.
- Okumus, F.; Köseoglu, M.; Chan, E.; Hon, A.; Avci, U. (2019), How do hotel employees' environmental attitudes and intentions to implement green practices relate to their ecological behavior?, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, 39, 193–200.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Copyright (c) 2022 Array