The magneto-transport properties of a borophene monolayer in a perpendicular magnetic field B are studied via calculating the conductivity tensor and resistance under electron-optical phonon interaction by using the linear response theory. Numerical results are obtained and discussed for some specific parameters. The magnetic field-dependent longitudinal conductivity shows the magneto-phonon resonance effect that describes the transition of electrons between Landau levels by absorbing/emitting an optical phonon. The Hall conductivity increases first and then decreases with the magnetic field strength. Also, the longitudinal resistance increases significantly with increasing temperature, which shows the metal behaviour of the material. Practically, the observed magneto-phonon resonance can be applied to experimentally determine some material parameters, such as the distance between Landau levels and the optical phonon energy.
- Fujimori M, Nakata T, Nakayama T, Nishibori E, Kimura K, Takata M, et al. Peculiar Covalent Bonds in α -Rhombohedral Boron. Physical Review Letters. 1999;82(22):4452-4455.
- Lopez-Bezanilla A, Littlewood PB. Electronic properties of 8−Pmmn borophene. Physical Review B. 2016; 93 (24):241405.
- Nakhaee M, Ketabi SA, Peeters FM. Tight-binding model for borophene and borophane. Physical Review B. 2018;97(12):125424.
- Zabolotskiy AD, Lozovik YE. Strain-induced pseudomagnetic field in the Dirac semimetal borophene. Physical Review B. 2016;94(16):165403.
- Krishanu S, Amit A. Anisotropic plasmons, Friedel oscillations, and screening in 8−Pmmn borophene. Physical Review B. 2017;96(3): 035410.
- Verma S, Mawrie A, Ghosh TK. Effect of electron-hole asymmetry on optical conductivity in 8 Pmmn borophene. Physical Review B. 2017;96(15):155418.
- Jing L, Tian X, Guo-Bao Zhu, Hui P. Photoinduced anomalous Hall and nonlinear Hall effect in borophene. Solid State Communications. 2020;322: 114092.
- Akay D. Manipulating electronic dynamics of 8-Pmmn borophene with surface optical phonons. Semiconductor Science and Technology. 2021;36(4): 045001.
- Zhongjian X, Xiangying M, Xiangnan L, Weiyuan L, Weichun H, Keqiang C, et al. Two-Dimensional Borophene: Properties, Fabrication, and Promising Applications. Research. 2020;2020:2624617.
- Islam SF. Magnetotransport properties of 8-Pmmn borophene: effects of Hall field and strain. Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter. 2018;30(27):275301.
- Charbonneau M, van Vliet KM, Vasilopoulos P. Linear response theory revisited III: One‐body response formulas and generalized Boltzmann equations. Journal of Mathematical Physics. 1982; 23(2):318-336.
- Vasilopoulos P. Magnetophonon oscillations in quasi-two-dimensional quantum wells. Physical Review B. 1986; 33(12):8587.
- Vasilopoulos P, Charbonneau M, van Vliet KM. Linear and nonlinear electrical conduction in quasi-twodimensional quantum wells. Physical Review B. 1987;35(3):1334.
- Castro Neto AH, Guinea F, Peres NMR, Novoselov KS, Geim AK. The electronic properties of graphene. Reviews of Modern Physics. 2009; 81(1):109-162.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Copyright (c) 2022 Array