In this study, nano Gd(OH)3 was synthesized with the polyol method with gadolinium chloride hydrate (GdCl3·xH2O) and sodium hydroxide as precursors, and triethylene glycol (C6H14O4) as a surfactant. The material was characterized with XRD, SEM, TEM, TG-DTA, EDX techniques. Gd(OH)3 has the form of pure nanorods with a uniform size of 20 × 200 nm. The material was utilized as a catalyst in the advanced photochemical decomposition of red Congo as the UV/Gd(OH)3 and UV/H2O2/Gd(OH)3 system.
- Mayyahi A Al, Al-asadi HAA. Advanced oxidation processes (AOPs) for wastewater treatment and reuse: A brief review. 2018;2(3):18-30.
- Giannakis S, Androulaki B, Comninellis C, Pulgarin C. Wastewater and urine treatment by UVC-based advanced oxidation processes: Implications from the interactions of bacteria, viruses, and chemical contaminants. Chemical Engineering Journal. 2018;343(March):270-82. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2018.03.019
- Chaplin BP. Critical review of electrochemical advanced oxidation processes for water treatment applications. Environmental Science Processes & Impacts. 2014;1(312):1182-1203. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1039/C3EM00679D
- Abreu P De, Pereira EL, Campos CMM, Naves FL. Photocatalytic Oxidation Process (UV/H2O2/ZnO) in the treatment and sterilization of dairy wastewater. Acta Scientiarum Technology. 2013;35(1):75-81. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4025/actascitechnol.v35i1.11132
- Apollo S, Onyongo MS, Ochieng A. UV/H2O2/TiO2 /Zeolite hybrid system for treatment of molasses wastewater. Iranian Journal of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering (IJCCE). 2014;33(2):107-17. DOI: https://doi.org/10.30492/ijcce.2014.10794
- Riga A, Soutsas K, Ntampegliotis K, Karayannis V, Papapolymerou G. Effect of system parameters and of inorganic salts on the decolorization and degradation of Procion H-exl dyes. Comparison of H2O2/UV, Fenton, UV/Fenton, TiO2/UV and TiO2/UV/H2O2 processes. Desalination. 2007;211(1-3):72-86. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.desal.2006.04.082
- Rogosnitzky M, Branch S. Gadolinium-based contrast agent toxicity: a review of known and proposed mechanisms. BioMetals. 2016;29(3):365-376. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10534-016-9931-7
- Jiang X, Yu L, Yao C, Zhang F, Zhang J, Li C. Synthesis and characterization of Gd2O3 hollow microspheres using a template-directed method. Materials. 2016;9(5):323. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.3390%2Fma9050323
- Liu S, Cai Y, Cai X, Li H, Zhang F, Mu Q, et al. Catalytic photodegradation of Congo red in aqueous solution by Ln(OH)3 (Ln = Nd, Sm, Eu, Gd, Tb, and Dy) nanorods. Applied Catalysis A: General. 2013;453:45-53. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcata.2012.12.004
- Nan M, Sharma AK, Burn S, Saint CP. Feasibility study on the application of advanced oxidation technologies for decentralised wastewater treatment. Journal of Cleaner Production. 2012;35:230-238. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2012.06.003
- Reza KM, Kurny A, Gulshan F, Dye AMB. Photocatalytic degradation of methylene blue by magnetite + H2O2 + UV process. International Journal of Environmental Science and Development. 2016;7(5):325-329.
- Gnanaprakasam A, Sivakumar VM, Thirumarimurugan M. Influencing parameters in the photocatalytic degradation of organic effluent via nanometal oxide catalyst: a review. Indian Journal of Materials Science. 2015;2015:1-16. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1155/2015/601827
- Vidya YS, Anantharaju KS, Nagabhushana H, Sharma SC. Euphorbia tirucalli mediated green synthesis of rose like morphology of Gd2O3:Eu3+ red phosphor: Structural, photoluminescence and photocatalytic studies. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2015;619:760-70. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2014.09.050
- Cuong ND, Hoa ND, Hoa TT, Khieu DQ, Quang DT, Quang VV, et al. Nanoporous hematite nanoparticles: Synthesis and applications for benzylation of benzene and aromatic compounds. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2014;582:83-87. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2013.08.057
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Copyright (c) 2021 Array