The study analyzes the determinants of entrepreneurial readiness of graduates in Business Administration at the University of Labor and Social Affairs (Ho Chi Minh City campus) on the basis of business behavioral perspective. Data was collected through online questionnaire survey from 271 Business administration graduates, and the data was processed by Moderated Regression Analysis. The results show that the willingness of these graduates is affected by (1) Motivation; (2) opportunity identification; and (3) entrepreneurial ability. The study then proposes several recommendations on building a start-up culture: Knowledge and business skills’ education to improve entrepreneurship among the students at the University.
- Acs, J. (2006), How is entrepreneurship good for economic growth? Innovations: Technology, Governance, Globalization, 1(1), 97–107, ISSN 1558-2477, doi: 10.1162/itgg.2006.1.1.97.
- Mitchell, R. K., Smith, B., Seawright, K. W., & Morse, E. A. (2000), Cross-cultural cognitions and the venture creation decision, Academy of Management Journal, 43(5), 974–993, doi: 10.2307/1556422.
- Baumol, W. & Strom, J. (2007), Entrepreneurship and economic growth, Strategic entrepreneurship journal, 1(3‐4), 233–237.
- Thurik, R. & Wennekers, S. (2004), Entrepreneurship, small business and economic growth, Journal of small business and enterprise development, 11(1), 140–149.
- Bộ Lao động – Thương binh và Xã hội và Tổng cục Thống kê (2020), Bản tin cập nhật thị trường lao động Việt Nam, Số 28, quý 4 năm 2020. LMU-So28-Q42020-Final.pdf (molisa.gov.vn).
- Wennekers, S., & Thurik, R. (1999), Linking Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth, Small Business Economics, 13(1).
- Cole, A. H. (1968), The entrepreneur: Introductory remarks, American Review of Economics, 58(2), 60–63.
- Stevenson, H. H., Roberts, M. J. & Grousbeck, H. I. (1989), New Business Ventures and the Entrepreneur, Irwin, Homewood, IL, 1989.
- Schaper, M., Volery, T., Weber, P., & Lewis, K. (2010), Entrepreneurship and small business (3rd Pacific Rim edition), Milton, Queensland: John Wiley & Sons.
- Dollinger, M. (1995), Entrepreneurship: Strategies and Resources, Illinois: Irwin
- Estrin, S., & Mickiewicz, T. (2011), Institutions and female entrepreneurship, Small Business Economics, 37(4), 397–415. doi:10.1007/s11187-011-9373-0.
- Maula, M., Autio, E., & Arenius, P. (2005), What drives microangel investments? Small Business Economics, 25(5), 459–475. doi:10.1007/s11187-004-2278-4.
- Mitchell, R. K., Smith, B., Seawright, K. W., & Morse, E. A. (2000), Cross-cultural cognitions and the venture creation decision, Academy of Management Journal, 43(5), 974–993. doi:10.2307/1556422.
- Lau, V. P., Dimitrova, M. N., Shaffer, M. A., Davidkov, T., & Yordanova, D. I. (2012), ‘Entrepreneurial readiness and firm growth: an integrated etic and emic approach’, Journal of International Management, 18(2), 147–159. doi:10. 1016/j.intman.2012.02.005.
- Schillo, R.S., Persaud, A. & Jin, M. (2016), Entrepreneurial readiness in the context of national systems of entrepreneurship, Small Bus Econ, 46, 619–637.
- Ruiz, J., Soriano, D.R. & Coduras, A. (2016), Challenges in measuring readiness for entrepreneurship, Management Decision, 54(5), 1022 –1046.
- Seun, A. O., & Kalsom, A. W. (2015b), ‘New venture creation determinant factors of social Muslimpreneurs’, Pertanika Journal of Social Sciences & Humanities, 23, 17–32.
- Carsrud, L. & Brännback, M. (2009), Understanding the entrepreneurial mind: Opening the black box (Vol. 24): Springer Science & Business Media.
- Arik, W., Agus, H., & Imam., M. (2021), Exploring Determinants of Entrepreneurial Readiness on Sukses Berkah Community’s Member, Journal of Business and Management Review, 2(4), 303–317, doi: 10.47153/jbmr24.1332021.
- Seun, A. O. (2017), Exploring entrepreneurial readiness of youth and startup success components: Entrepreneurship training as a moderator, Journal of Innovation & Knowledge, 2(3), 155–171, doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jik.2016.12.004.
- Choo, S., & Wong, M. (2006), Entrepreneurial intention: Triggers and barriers to new venture creations in Singapore, Singapore Management Review, 28(2).
- Ruiz, J., Soriano, D. R., & Coduras, A. (2016), Challenges in measuring readiness for entrepreneurship, Management Decision, 54(5).
- Ellis, K., & Williams, C. (2011), Maximising impact of youth entrepreneurship support in different context: Background report, framework and toolkit for consultation, Overseas Development Institute.
- Seun, A. O., & Kalsom, A. W. (2015a), Youth entrepreneurship: Moderating opportunity identification towards new venture creation, International Journal of Review in Applied and Social Sciences, 1(8), 1–16.
- Janice, A. B., & Dmitriy, A. N. (2013), Reaching millennial students: Experiential learning, new class design and technology-based term projects, Department of Management & Decision Sciences, E. Craig Wall, Sr. College of Business Coastal Carolina University.
- Mitchell, R. K., Busenitz, L., Lant, T., Mcdougall, P. P., Morse, E. A., & Smith, J. B. (2002), Toward a theory of entrepreneurial cognition: Rethinking the people side of entrepreneurship research, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 27(2), 93–104.
- Audretcsch, D. B., Bonte, W., & Keilbach, M. (2008), Entrepreneurship capital and its impact on knowledge diffusion and economic performance, Journal of Business Venturing, 23(6), 687–698.
- Alvarez, S. A., & Barney, J. B. (2014), Entrepreneurial resources, In C. L. Cooper (Ed.), Wiley encyclopedia of management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Wu, L. Y. (2007), Entrepreneurial resources, dynamic capabilities and start-up performance of Taiwan’s high-tech firms, Journal of Business Research, 60, 549–555.
- Mansor, N., & Zahari, M. H. (2007), Willingness of graduates to be entrepreneurs, In Proceeding paper presented at national conference of SMEs. Sabah, Malaysia.
- Zahra, S. A. (2011), Entrepreneurial capability: Opportunity pursuit and game changing, In Paper to be presented at the DRUID 2011 on innovation, strategy, and structure – Organizations, institutions, systems and regions at Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, June 15–17.
- Gibb, A. A., & Ritchie, J. (1982), Understanding the process of starting small businesses, European Small Business Journal, 1(1), 26–45.
- Hair et al. (1998), Multivariate Data Analysis, 5th edition, Upper Saddle River: Prentice-Hall.
- Hoyle, R. H. (1995), The structural equation modeling approach: Basic concepts and fundamental issues. In R. H. Hoyle (Ed.), Structural equation modeling: Concepts, issues, and applications (1–15), Sage Publications, Inc.
- Nunnally, J. C., & Bernstein, I. H. (1994), Psychometric theory (3rd ed.), New York, NY: McGraw-Hill, Inc.
- Byrne, B.M. (2016), Structural equation modeling with AMOS: Basic concepts, applications, and programming, New York. https://doi.org/10.4324/9780203805534.
- Acharya, S. R., & Chandra, Y. (2019), Entrepreneurship Skills Acquisition through Education: Impact of the Nurturance of Knowledge, Skills, and Attitude on New Venture Creation, International Journal of Education and Pedogogical Sciences, 13(2).
- Bygrave, W. D., & Timmons, J. A. (1992), Venture capital at the crossroads, Harvard Business Press.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Copyright (c) 2022 Array