The paper aims to focus on factors affecting the intention to use non-cash payment of people in districts of Thua Thien Hue province – these regions have a low rate of non-cash payment adoption. The data were collected from 276 people by covenient sampling method. KMO and Barlett, Exploratory Factor Analysis (EFA) and Cronbach Alpha testing methods, ANOVA, correlation and regression analysis methods were used to determine the factors affecting the intention to use non-cash payment of people. The results highlight that the intention to use non-cash payments was positively affected by Facilitating Conditions, Social Influence, Effort Expectancy and Performance Expectancy but negative relationship was found between the intention to use non-cash payment and Perceived Risk. The findings in this research have important implications for administrators in implementing activities to promote non-cash payments in suburban areas.
- Anh Minh (2020), Dịch Covid -19, các dịch vụ thanh toán điện tử vẫn tăng trưởng mạnh, Tổng cục thống kê – gso.gov.vn.
- Ngọc Quỳnh (2021), Thanh toán không dùng tiền mặt: Dự báo chuyển đổi nhanh, congthuong.vn.
- Venkatesh, V. et al. (2003), User acceptance of information technology: Toward a unified view, MIS Quarterly, 27(3), 425–478.
- Ajzen, I., & Fishbein, M. (1975), Belief, attitude, intention and behavior: An introduction to theory and research, Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley.
- Taylor, S. and Todd, P. A. (1995), Understanding Information Technology Usage: A Test of Competing Models, Information Systems Research, 6(4), 144–176.
- Ajzen, I. (1991), The Theory of Planned Behavior, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes 50(2), 179–211.
- Fishbein, M., and Ajzen, I. (1975), Belief, Attitude, Intention and Behavior: An Introduction to Theory and Research, Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA.
- Junadi và Sfenrianto (2015), A model of factors influencing cosumer’s intention to use E-payment system in Indonesia, Published by Elsevier.
- J. Theor. Appl. Electron. Commer. Res. (2021), Young Generation’s Mobile Payment Adoption Behavior: Analysis Based on an Extended UTAUT Model, Journal of Theoretical and Applied Electronic Commerce Research, 16(1), 1–20.
- Gia-Shie Liu, Pham Tan Tai (2016), A Study of Factors Affecting the Intention to Use Mobile
- Payment Services in Vietnam, Economics World, 4(6), 249–273.
- Vũ Thị Kim Chi (2021), Examining factors affecting customer’s intention to use e-banking in Vietnam, TNU Journal of Science and Technology, 226(09), 46–56.
- Davis, F. D., et al. (1989), User acceptance of computer technology: A comparison of two theoretical models, 35(8), 982–1003.
- Bauer, R. A. (1960), Consumer behavior as risk taking, Chicago, IL, 384–398.
- Tabachnick, Barbara G., Linda S. Fidell, and Jodie B. Ullman (2007), Using multivariate statistics. Vol. 5. Boston, MA: Pearson.
- Nunnally, J. (1978), Psycometric Theory, McGraw-Hill. New York, 701 pages.
- Peterson, R. (1994), A Meta-Analysis of Cronbach’s Coefficient Alpha, Journal of Consumer Research, 21(2), 381–391.
- Slater, S. (1995), Issues in Conducting Marketing Strategy Research, Journal of Strategic, 3(4), 257–270.
- Hair, J.F., Black, W.C., Babin, B.J., & Anderson, R.E. (2010), Multivariate Data Analysis, Seventh Edition, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey.
- Hoàng Trọng và Chu Nguyễn Mộng Ngọc (2008), Phân tích dữ liệu với SPSS, Nxb. Hồng Đức.
- Anderson, J. C., & Gerbing, D. W. (1988), Structural equation modeling in practice: A review and recommended two-step approach, Psychological Bulletin, 103(3), 411–423.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Copyright (c) 2022 Array